Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Alexander McQueen exhibit, "Savage Beauty" in New York


Alexander McQueen exhibit, "Savage Beauty", at the Metropolitan Museum of Art  will be running from May 4 through July 31, 2011. The new presentation in New York features pieces from the late Alexander McQueen's postgraduate collections through his final women-wear collection last year. 
McQueen clothes overflowed with historical references that became the most modern on the runways.
"My collections have always been autobiographical..like exorcising my ghosts," McQueen once said. "They were to do with my childhood, the way I think about life and they way I was brought up to think about life."




Dante coat from McQueen 1996-97 autumn/winter collection
One of McQueen's edgier creations on display at the exhibit 
A dress made of razor-clam shells from McQueen's 2001 spring/summer collection 

A nude silk organza gown embroidered with silk and fresh flowers from the designer's spring/summer 2007 collection  
Dresses from McQueen's autumn/winter 2008-09 collection, inspired by the queens of England 

McQueen left his mark on the fashion world with his unique suits and dresses. The brand carries on under the sure hand of his assistant, Sarah Burton, who made headlines as the designer of Kate Middleton's wedding dress.

I really wish I could go to this exhibition!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment